Monday 9 December 2013

My Mentor (My Sensei): How I Entered Karate

I know I haven't told you the whole story I got into Sunova Centre. It started in late September or mid October (I can't remember) I was stuck on how I'm going to find a dojo, so I went up to my father for help. We stopped by at Sunova Centre to find karate lesson. I meet this man who was in charge of the lesson I can't remember his name but i think his name was Ron. So, I decided to go to the lesson I was confused at first with lesson because I was a beginner. So, his son named Derrick taught me the introduction of karate. I followed every move he made as he instructed me to do the moves I was beginning to believe him as my mentor. Because he helped me with my mistakes during the lessons. I still had struggles but I'm learning from my mistakes. Today I starting to get use to the routine the moves and I was listening and following one of the black belts' advice. I also got an update for you guys I already to got my karate white belt and my robe. Thank you so much for reading my post and commenting on my page for the past three months.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this background story, Jacqueline. A mentor can really accelerate your learning. It is also very important that you recognize that learning means making mistakes; they are simply a part of the process.

    ReplyDelete